The ebb & gro system from C.A.P. has been designed to allow you to grow plants in an easy to use multi-pot hydroponics system that requires minimal maintenance. The EBB-1 Ebb & Gro System increases the Oxygen levels around the roots by repeated flood and drain cycles resulting in accelerated plant growth. The ebb & gro multi-pot hydroponics system uses (2) two-gallon buckets and Hydroton as a growing medium. The two buckets are nested one on top of the other, the top bucket holds the Hydroton and the lower bucket holds and catches the nutrient water.
Hydroton pebbles are derived from clay and are considered an ecologically sustainable medium. It is often known by the name LECA – Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate . The clay is formed into pellets and fired in rotary kilns at 1200C, causing it to expand inside and become porous. Expanded clay is light in weight, will not compact, and can be cleaned & sterilized for reuse. Hydroton pebbles are inert, pH neutral and contain no nutrients. The Hydroton pellets drain freely and don’t hold excessive water. They provide excellent oxygen levels around the roots. Hydroton is pH neutral and does not degrade. For best results, rinse Hydroton well before using to rid the grow media of excess dust and sterilize in between crops by using a bleach solution.
The lower buckets of the ebb & gro multi-pot hydroponics system have a ½” tubing line connected to the bottom that links the 2 gallon “modules” to the controller bucket. The top bucket of this multi-pot hydroponics system has a series of holes punched through the bottom. These holes allow the water to percolate up through the holes when filling or drain back down when in the drain cycle.
When the systems “fills” water is pumped from the 55-gallon reservoir into the controller bucket. The 3 ½ gallon controller bucket has several float switches installed, which keeps the water at the proper levels during the filling and draining cycles.
As the water flows from the highest point (the controller bucket) to the lowest point (each of the 2 gallon modules) gravity provides the mechanism to ensure that all the buckets are filled to the proper level. As the water enters the bottom of the 2-gallon “catch” bucket under very low pressure, it slowly fills from the bottom of the inner bucket to submerge the roots in freshly circulated nutrient water. In the process, gasses that are expelled by the roots are pushed up and out of the root zone.
Once the water has been distributed to all of the modules, the pump is shut off. A timer controls how long the fill cycle is and how long the drain cycle is.
Ebb & Grow System Documents
Click Here for the Ebb-1 Ebb & Grow Manual
Top Features of the Ebb & Grow System
- Individual pots (modules) allow you to easily move / relocate plants.
- Each EBB-1 controller can control from 6 up to 48 plant sites… plenty of room for expansion.
- A smaller reservoir (55-gal) can be used with less water compared to flood & drain tables.
- Reservoir does not have to be lower than the plants!
- The EBB-1 controller is all you need to control all pumping and level control functions.
- “Active” hydroponics system compared to rockwool resulting in faster growth and larger yields.
- The EuroGrower, a simple way to start growing hydroponically.
- General Hydroponics WaterFarm Plumbing Kit
- Start your plants out right with the Seedling Heat Mat by Hydrofarm.
- Frostbox Air Conditioner with Quick Connects
- BioBizz Root Juice
Popularity: unranked [?]
You can listen to this post too!